The Bureau of Meteorology is warning of a severe fire threat across Warrego and Maranoa.
Residents have been reminded to ensure they are prepared for the bush fire season by:
• Clear leaves, twigs, bark and other debris from the roof and gutters.
• Purchase and test the effectiveness of gutter plugs.
• Enclose open areas under decks and floors.
• Install fine steel wire mesh screens on all windows, doors, vents and weep holes.
• Point LPG cylinder relief valves away from the house.
• Conduct maintenance checks on pumps, generators and water systems.
• Seal all gaps in external roof and wall cladding.
• Check that you have sufficient personal protective clothing and equipment.
• Relocate flammable items away from your home, including woodpiles, paper, boxes, crates, hanging baskets and garden furniture.
• Check the first aid kit is fully stocked.
• Make sure you have appropriate insurance for your home and vehicles.
• Find out if there is a nearby Neighbourhood Safer Place.
• Review and update your household Bushfire Survival Plan.