South West NRM are sending out their regional land care facilitator, Darren Jennings, on a tour of the region.
Following a survey conducted by South West NRM in early January, it was established that visits to the outlying communities is necessary.
“We thought we should get out to the furtherer parts of our region and actually speak to people in their locations.
“There will be a whole range of things, but I want to hear about the key issues in certain areas.
“Then we can start tailoring information specifically for them rather then the generic stuff that goes across the board,” says Darren.
These information sessions are a chance for graziers and stakeholders in the South West to meet with Darren on home grounds, rather then traveling great distances.
“I’m interested in hearing from all sorts of people, not just the graziers.
“There will certainly be some items about fencing, stuff about drought management, drought recovery, drought resilience, wild dogs, pigs and weeds, pasture management.
“But we’re just trying to save people the potential four, five hour trip to Charleville just to let us know their feedback.
Below you will find the list of meeting dates and times in your town:
- Quilpie – Tuesday 23rd February 10am – 12.00 noon at the Quilpie Hotel
- Thargomindah – Tuesday 23rd February 4pm – 6pm at the Bulloo River Hotel
- Hungerford – Wednesday 24th February 10am – 12.00 noon at the Royal Mail Hotel
- Eulo – Wednesday 24th February 4pm – 6pm at the Eulo Queen Hotel
- Cunnamulla – Thursday 25th February 10am – 12.00 noon at the Warrego Hotel
- Wyandra – Thursday 25th February 4pm – 6pm at the Gladstone Hotel
- Morven – Wednesday 2nd March 10am – 12.00 noon at the Morven Hotel
- Bollon – Wednesday 2nd March 4pm – 6pm at the Bollon Hotel
- Adavale – Tuesday 15th March 4pm – 6pm at the Adavale Pub
- Tambo – Wednesday 16th March 4pm – 6pm at the Tambo Tavern
- Augathella – Thursday 17th March 4pm – 6pm at the Ellangowan Hotel