The Weather Bureau has now cancelled its Severe Weather Warnings for the region.
They say with the weakening of Ex-Trevor and the associated upper level trough; the widespread bands of heavy rainfall have eased.
There’s hope that the surface trough may still produce isolated thunderstorm activity capable of producing heavy rainfall and potential flash flooding and say severe thunderstorm warnings will be issued if this activity develops.
Showers and potential storms are in the forecast through until Saturday now.
Flood warnings and ‘flood watch’ warnings are current for parts of central and western Queensland.
The following Watches/Warnings are current:
- Major Flood Warning for the Bulloo River
- Major Flood Warning for the Georgina River
- Major Flood Warning for the Thomson River and Cooper Creek and Moderate Flood Warning for the Barcoo River
- Moderate Flood Warning for the Cloncurry River
- Minor Flood Warning for the Western River and Flood Warning for the Diamantina River
- Final Flood Warning for the Bohle River
- Flood Watch for the Warrego and Maranoa region
- Initial Minor Flood Warning for the Warrego River (QLD)
Here’s how things are looking around Quilpie this morning as the Bullo River rises. Images courtesy of Roger Voltz.