Queensland Advocacy Incorporated (QAI) is planning a road trip to the regions to help local families and individuals with a Disability come to terms with the mountain of changes heading their way with NDIS funding.
The independent, community-based systems and legal advocacy organization says for people with disability in Queensland have a myriad of questions and the road trip is designed to answer some of those.
Caitlin De Cocq Van Delwijnen, NDIS Appeals Support Advocate with Queensland Advocacy Inc says they’ll be holding workshops and drop ins across the regions, including Chinchilla, Roma, Charleville, Cunnamulla, St George and Goondiwindi.
“We are able to assist individuals with disability and their families by explaining the review process, including what is involved in pursuing an appeal to the AAT.”
“We can offer assistance with the preparation of required supporting documents and provide advice and skills to foster self-advocacy so the person who is lodging the appeal can better represent themselves.”
“Evee and I are completing our first road trip to provide information, advice and support about the NDIS and NDIS Appeals. Individuals or groups are able to book an appointment or drop in for a chat on the day.”
QAI receives funding from the Department of Social Services to support people with disability and their families with NDIS Appeals. QAI provides support, advocacy and advice to individuals.
• Chinchilla – Monday 9th July 2018 9am – 1pm- Family Support Centre
• Roma – Tuesday 10th July 2018 9am – 1pm -Community Hub Training Room
• Charleville – Wednesday 11th July 2018 9am – 1pm -Neighborhood Centre
• Cunnamulla – Thursday 12th July 2018 9am – 1pm-Shir Hall Supper Room
• St George – Friday 13th July 2018 9am – 11am -St George Care
• Goondiwindi – Friday 13th July 2018 2pm – 4pm -PCYC Riverview Centre